[projectaon] PHP 5.6 coming to Project Aon website?

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 22:18:11 +0000

Question:

Will moving to PHP 5.6 break anything that anyone is doing?

Background:

Our web hosting provider recently switched the default version of PHP to
5.6 which caused problems with some outdated parts of the English language
wiki. I temporarily downgraded to PHP 5.4 until the problem was fixed, but
PHP 5.4 will go away permanently in a few months.

I think I've worked out the kinks for the wiki software. I've created a
test version of the site which is running under PHP 5.6:

http://test.projectaon.org/en/

I haven't moved the main website to PHP 5.6 yet (but I have put the fixes
into place). Is there anyone who thinks this might cause a problem? If I
don't hear any objections, I'll plan to switch the main website to PHP 5.6
on Wednesday, October 7.