[projectaon] Re: Making the -im suffix consistent (was Re: Re: Last of 25totw errata)

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, Jonathan Blake wrote:

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One fresh SVN checkout and a whole lot of grepping later, I've gone through
every book, found the words that end with -im, eliminated the English words,
and come up with the Master List of Magnamund's -im Words!

Excellent work. Can you confirm our impression that the adjective is
almost always in the plural (except where we've changed it)?

More specifically, if we're going to standardize having the adjective always be in the plural, can we check for all instances where the singular form is used as an adjective (if any exist)? And regardless which way we go on adjective use, I'm sure there are enough cases where Joe uses the plural noun as a singular that we'll have to change.

Ben