[projectaon] Re: [LW] lone wolf to be republished

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:27:24 -0000

The best starting point would be to revist the old Project Aon
mailing list archives from whenever we discussed it originally
(1999, was it?! or 2000?) cos there were a great many posts
at the time, a pretty exhaustive (and exhausting ;-) discussion
which probably did say all there was to be said!
Is that stuff still online somewhere?

If I recall correctly, my personal take on things was always that
the original printing of Fire on the Water was fine as it stood:

- being able to survive if you had Animal Kinship was well within
the spirit of the "Kai Disciplines"/"Kai Wisdom" advice that
("choose your skills and equipment wisely - the correct use of
a Kai Discipline can enable any player to complete an adventure
no matter how weak their initial stats are" - to paraphrase badly from memory ;)

- and the moral dilemma of "do I give Rhygar my spear?" is best answered by
"Duh - Rhygar is being silly as there's every possibilty that the Helghast
have already reached Tarnalin" - so no, you'd be a fool to give him your
Magic Spear, just as he's being a fool to wait outside the tunnel and let
you go in alone.

DAVID
http://www.feline1.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Blake" <jonblake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>