[projectaon] Re: Is this legal

  • From: Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:49:09 -0500

If we had the money I would suggest buying a copy. Then we could get our hands on the product and see exactly what it is. If it is a blatant copyright infringement it would also be good to have the product as evidence, and a sales receipt to go along with it.

It could also be some guy who owns a small printing press, who didn't read the Project Aon license agreement, and thought he could make a few dollars by providing a printed version of a "free" book?

Anyway, It's obviously not a large company, and I'm sure we could get the operation shut down without sending people to jail and ruining peoples lives. (Just a thought)

Eric Zollman
Project Aon Staff
www.projectaon.org/staff/eric

On 1/18/2012 7:54 PM, David Davis wrote:
lol,
see, if you guys would stop protesting about SOPA, we could call the cops and get Amazon.com shut down ;-)

-----Original Message----- From: Jonathan Blake
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:49 AM
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; dogfacedboyuk1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [projectaon] Re: Is this legal

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
  From: chris may dogfacedboyuk1@xxxxxxxxx
  Date: 19:41:58 on Thursday, November 3, 2011
Subject: Is this legal

I just found a product on amazon which appears to be something like the work of project aon being sold for £30, in fact I am uncertain as to what it even is as it is labelled as a 76 page book that contains material freely available elsewhere (it admits it at least).

The link is here, I'm not sure its something you need to be concerned about but I thought I would let you know anyway...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lone-Wolf-Gamebooks-Role-playing-Entertainment/dp/6132522263/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1320348586&sr=1-1-catcorr

chris may

Greetings Chris,

My apologies for how long it took me to reply.

That is rather odd. I've forwarded the link to Joe Dever to see if he
needs to take action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!

Jonathan Blake