[projectaon] Re: Help for Aon

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, anonamos3021@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:33:42 +0100

pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
   From: Amos Parker
Subject: Help for Aon

Greetings:

 What sort of help would you like? I've got, currently, books 1-24 (minus, for
the moment, 22) and most of the early Legends.

 -AnonAmos

Hi Amos

Thank you for the offer of help. We have now got the next book (Freeway
Warrior 1: Highway Holocaust by Joe Dever) in a state ready for editing in the
next week or two. We're not working immediately on the next Lone Wolf book to
give the main XML Editor a chance to have a bit of a rest after so much work
having to be done to The Deathlord of Ixia. There are still issues being
reported for that book.

Perhaps you would like to familiarise yourself with the work of an editor for
Project Aon: <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/Howto-edit> The important
thing to remember is that an editor for Project Aon doesn't actually change
anything, he or she merely reports any potential problems; it is the individual
assigned to edit the source file that makes all the implementations.

Usual things editors look for are: spelling mistakes; confusing or inconsistent
rules; unclear or confusing phrasing in the text. Hopefully Highway Holocaust
should be fairly free of these as a lot of work has already been put in to fix a
large number of these issues, but another pair of eyes never goes amiss.

Now the book is available for editing, it can be accessed via the Editor Companion
<http://www.projectaon.org/editor/>. If you read through it a couple of times
looking for problems and report anything you find, you get a credit as an
Editor. (Remember: if you don't find any problems, report that that you haven't, otherwise
whoever compiles the Credits will forget to add your name to the list!)

Alternatively, since you have access to Book 21: Voyage of the Moonstone,
perhaps you could proofread some or all of it for us. The duties of a
Proofreader are here: <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/Howto-proofread>.
Normally, the book is broken up into six separate sections (frontmatter, 1-70,
71-140, 141-210, 211-280, 281-350) so that no individual Proofreader ends up
with too much work, but once you have completed one section, you may choose to
accept another if it is still available. I'll try to get the Project Coordinator
to make the text for Book 21 available for proofreading, and I'll get back to
you once it is. The Assignments page
<http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/Assignments> will link to the raw text
once it's available.

Hope this helps!

For Sommerlund and the Kai! (And for DC1 and Cal Phoenix as well!)

(on behalf of Project Aon)