[projectaon] Forum Footnote Proposal

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:36:42 +0100

Hi all

Over on the forum, regular contributor pi4t makes the following comments re: Book 5 Section 329:

"http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/05sots/sect329.htm: A minor point, but it's somewhat unclear whether the player should be allowed to choose not to use the rope if he has one. Reading the section from a rules lawyer point of view makes it fairly clear: you can only go to 387 if you don't have a rope. However, although 'you can' could merely mean 'you are capable of, and therefore choose to' in this context, it seems...unlikely, especially given that you know you're being pursued by people carrying edged weapons which can cut through the rope. In fact, for this very reason, the 'use the rope' option has a 3 in 10 chance of instantly killing you, while it's possible to defeat your pursuers and escape without having to jump off the tower. I think that either way, a footnote clarifying whether or not you are allowed to choose the 'don't use the rope' option if you have a rope is needed here."

<http://projectaon.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=helpwanted&thread=706&post=39380>

Honestly, I don't read it the same way; I think the way this is written makes it clear that use of the Rope is optional, and therefore we need not do anything here, but I thought I'd refer it to the list before making any definitive comments. Thoughts?