[projectaon] Re: Drakkar/Drakkarim

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:52:30 +0000

Benjamin I Krefetz wrote:

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Simon Osborne wrote:

Yes, every instance you pointed out has been listed on the wiki Errata pages. Once a decision has been reached regarding Drakkar/Drakkarim, the same can easily be applied to occurrences of Nadziran/im and Ligan/im.

I've seen "Nadziran" used in the singular, but I don't think I've ever seen "Ligan" in the singular in any of the books. Are there any instances of it?

Since the suffix -im is considered to denote the plural, it's not a big leap to see Ligan as the singular and Liganim as the plural, particularly as they are Darkland creatures who presumably speak Giak. The construction of the word is just too coincidental for it to be otherwise, surely. ;-)