[projectaon] Re: Bio of Trevor Newton missing

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:54:57 +0000

Ingo Kloecker wrote:
Hi,

when trying to process 21votm.xml, I noticed that the bio of Trevor Newton, who illustrated 21votm, is missing.

Yeah this is basically because we don't know anything about him. :-(

We have yet to contact him, and finding details about him is proving very difficult. Coincidentally, I did another crawl of Google looking for him, and I found out that a Trevor Newton illustrated a book called "The Pole Seekers" which was published by Hodder Childrens' Books in 2000. He also seems to have illustrated the children's books "The Animals of Farthing Wood".

I also discovered that he *might* have info listed on him in the book "A Dictionary of 20th Century British Book Illustrators". I doubt my local library holds a copy of this book, though. I could try to see if they could get a copy of this reference work in, but it seems like overkill for how often the book is likely to be referred to. More likely, someone living in a city in the UK might have a local library that holds a copy.

Any takers? (Or, any other information known about him?)

I did cobble together a bio for Brian Williams for the FW books, which is in svn. I adapted his LW bio to make reference to the FW books. It may require a bit more work, but it's probably OK for now. Trevor Newton is the only Dever-collaborator yet to have a bio written.