[projectaon] Re: Android project

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <masterofwalri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:58:09 +0100

Hi Mark

Technically you can host the source code anywhere, as long as all book content
is ONLY hosted on AON.

We do ask that a copy of the source code be hosted on AON - this is so that if
the project takes off and becomes popular, we are able to provide support.

Thank you

James

Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 22:12:53 +0100
Subject: [projectaon] Android project
From: masterofwalri@xxxxxxxxx
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings all

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting this, or there's already a
similar project in motion. I did have a quick search through blog&forum which
showed no spore.

Was a bit of a casual fan of the Lone Wolf series of books as a child and now,
as a full-blown grownup rather enjoyed playing through the Lone Wolf DS project
several times. I'm also in the process of teaching myself development on the
Android platform as a hobby project and decided a similar adaptation would be a
good way to learn the ropes.

Technically, this is a request for a web account a la the instructions here:
http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/WebAccounts, as the license suggests
that's the only legal place to host code that embeds the books. I hope that's
just my poor reading comprehension at work, and means hosting Binaries, rather
than in-development source, but am not inclined to pour time into a project
legally doomed from its inception. :)

Regards,

Mark