[projectaon] Re: 13tplor - Possible inconsistency between sections 60 and 349

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:31:53 +0100

On 13/07/2013 22:37, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
Hi,

I happened to notice that sections 60 and 349 of The Plague Lords of
Ruel appear to be identical except for one minor detail: In section 60
you prise an object "from the dead druid's hands" (plural), while in
section 349 you prise it "from the dead druid's hand" (singular).

Is that an intentional difference, or an accidental one?

Hi Torbjörn

I've had a check of this against the original Red Fox edition from 1990, and this minor difference is present there also. It doesn't really affect the meaning of the text, though.

Thanks for pointing out this odd inconsistency--I'm not sure I'd have spotted the difference at all except for your report! :-)

Jon, should we standardise this or leave it alone? Since there's nothing actually wrong, I don't see much compelling reason to change it, though.