win32, declspec, life, and the universe

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:39:59 -0500

Hi all --
I am trying to port some software from non-windows to run on my windows7
box.  Question: Is the macro "win32" a catch-all for anything windows, or
does this flag a 32 bit OS only?
Also, what is the difference between __stdcall and the the specs
__declspec(dllexport) and __declspec(dllimport) ?
It's fairly obvious what the declspec modifiers do, but can these be
combined with stdcall, or are they incompatible?
I am trying to modify a library without touching the source too much.
TIA
--le