Re: star trek site database query

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:52:14 -0400

Hi Marv: I think your project is beyond hope. Too many changes and we will never get back in sync. You should never change the names of the objects in the Database schema since they are referenced in places in

your code.
So, copy the Utilities folder from your project and save it in your Documents folder for safe keeping, Go into SMSE, click the connect button for your SQLSERVER Instance, Expand the DataBases node, right click your database and take it offline, then Detach it, Then Rename your project to OldStarTrekProject and wait for me. I will make additional entries, and corrections, in my articles and send them to you one at a time to start over. I will also see if I can't use the ddl I have to ReCreate the DataBase with the data and if it works I will send you the ddl to run in SMSE to do the same so you don't have to re enter it all by hand. Then we will use the SqlDataSource and, or, the ObjectDataSource to bind our controls to the Database using manual coding only where necessary or prudant. In addition we will use the User Instance and might make changes to your Sql Server Instance to avoid those Network error messages.
But, I'm going to bed for the night.
Rick USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>