serving up my web pages with .htaccess

  • From: <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:17:18 +0800

Hi all.  I am having a problem with something that i have never been able to
understand, and that is how to create a .htaccess file that serves up content
from web pages from a folder from within my web document root.
The scenario?
I have a web content management directory called Seagull, and within this
directory is the  subdirectory called www/ from which all content will be
created and served.  The other subdirectories within the seagull directory
which is under the web document root of the server are  routine modules and
libs which are the backbones for the application to function.  Now, since i am
on a shared server, I'll not have the freedom to configure my httpd.conf file
such that apache will point my visitors to my
/home/public_html/seagull/www/index.php subdir as the home page so that it
becomes a sort of alias for my main site, so I'll need to create a .htaccess
file to do the job.  I've been googling around for a time, but have come up
with no answers.  Can someone please help?  Thanks and cheers!