Re: net beans and sodbeans installation nightmares with jaws

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:38:37 -0500

Hi Marvin,

Jacob is correct, there are some known problems with JAWS and the
installer, related to the way NetBeans 6.9 generates the installers
for Sodbeans. We'll be filing bugs with Oracle about it soon. In the
interim, the easiest way to get sodbeans going is to download the zip
file, unzip it, and go the bin folder to get started.

From there, we have a bunch of tutorials on how you get started at the
community wiki:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sodbeans/wiki

The site is a little slow from my hotel connection, but basically you
should be able to make a new Hop Project and Sodbeans will let you get
started programming.

Hope that helps,

Stefik