Re: midi and java?

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:23:30 -0500

Thanks for the tip, I will do that.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andreas Stefik
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 11:27
  Subject: Re: midi and java?

  Alex,

  Look up something called "JavaSound." This is how you send signals to the
sound card, either through MIDI, or just raw signals in general. There's a bit
of a learning curve, but it's a pretty decent design once you get the hang of
it.

  Andreas Stefik, Ph.D.
  Assistant Professor
  Department of Computer Science
  Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

  On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi all,
    As I understand it, most every sound card has a set of midi sounds, 128 of
them I think, hard-coded onto it which programs can play. Is this possible in
Java? I do not want to play .mid files; rather, I want access to the midi
sounds my sound card has. If I am misunderstanding something, let me know.
Thanks!