making GUI with WXPython

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:07:56 -0500

Hi all,
I am working on an options dialog for a program written in Python2.6.
I am using WXPython and XRC (created with the XRCed editor). I am
getting lost in all the position and size numbers, though. I seem to
remember Jamal had something about "layout by code" and I wondered if
that would be useable here? Or, if I use wx.sizers, can they position
the elements for me? Also, if I use sizers, will screen readers be
able to read the label in one sizer as the prompt for the text box in
another sizer? I remember someone on here telling me that screen
readers read labels for text boxes if the label and text box touch by
one or more pixels, and I am not sure how I would use a sizer to
overlap these widgets like that. Suggestions? Thanks!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)