Re: looking for canes

  • From: "Marvin Howdershell" <marvinhowdershell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:56:46 -0400

Tyler,

You have to have a local retailer that sells disabled supplies such as wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. I walk with two four pronged canes. They last a long time if you keep them out of car doors. I suggest also that you do not leave them in back of my wife's car - similar results.

The thing that I like about buying the canes locally is that they measure me for the canes. In addition, I have different grips on my canes so that I can tell them apart. Otherwise I can step on my prongs when I am walking. My local supplier moves my grips for me. I also can buy a new cane and have it immediately.

I have never priced them so I do not know how much I am paying for that convenience.

Marvin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>