Re: looking for a required book

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:25:32 -0600

That sucks, Ty.  This solution is far from ideal but, if you
absolutely must, I found a 2nd not 4th edition at rfbd:

http://www.rfbd.org

Shelf number: DL-MQ188
Format: Downloadable Daisy

If you have Jaws 11 or higher, you have FsReader.  You just go on the
rfbd website and get the authorization key that will unlock rfbd books
for you and you canread them with FsReader.  Same thing with Victor
Reader Stream and Book Sense if you have one of them.  I know of no
open source daisy player for which there is a UAK.  Honestly, the
price of textbooks these days is ridiculous!  Hmm, another resource
you might want to try is Powell's Books.  They sell eBooks.  YOu might
find it in PDF.  You might have to export them to .txt or html though.
 I did for my music appreciation class but I think that was because of
all the pages that had musical notation.  It was like 60 bucks or
something. I still whined but it wasn't the $140 of the hard cover.

Good luck,
Alex M