Re: jfw scripts

  • From: Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:13:50 -0500

My preamble to answering your first question will yield a solution for
your second. If declared in your script file, KeyPressedEvent(nKey,
strKeyName, nIsBrailleKey, nIsScriptKey) is called whenever a key in
your application is pressed. This has no bearing on JAWS key
trapping--if there isn't a JKM entry present for the key currently
being evaluated, it is passed to the application.

A summary of your approach might be:
* an INI key in event=key1<delim>key2<delim>... format.
* Use KeyPressedEvent to check the current key against your list of
event keys. if stringSegmentIndex(key_list, delim, true) then
;... do something
else
;... do something else
endIf

A foot note: You could use Doug Lee's XList module (available in a
number of places and with a number of distributions) for a proper
array feel.

See the KeyPressedEvent() documentation in default.jsd or the FSDN and
optionally an example usage (in default.jss) for more information.

HTH
Jim
"Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:52:34
-0400: