javadb, and Jav APPServer.

  • From: "Stephen S. Disbrow" <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:02:26 -0600

Hi,
    I just loaded the j2ee appServer, and it comes with javadb. I'm running
through the tutorials, and one way of creating the sample tables that are used
is to us ant. ant seems to have some built-in  SQL functionality. I'm trying to
figure how to creat my own databases through some other command line mech. I
think you can use a command called ij, but I'm not sure. I run the ant script,
and I can't even figure out where the database is being created. I tried to
connect through ij with something like connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/BookDB', but it doeesn't work. Anyone have any
ideas. the ant script creates the proper tables, but I don't see where it is
putting them.I'd like to create my own tables, and/or modify the existing ones
the tutorial creates, and I don't want to use any IDE to do it.