Re: can someone tell me how to use a php script in a html file?

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:21:00 -0400

Hi Doc: VWD does not support PHP out of the box. You use Visual Basic or CSharp
to code the server-side modules rather than PHP. If you want to work in an IDE
then VWD will give you allot of power but it has a steep learning curve when
you get beyond dropping a few hyperlinks on a page. You can use Sql Server
Express with VWD and they are complementary. You can use MySql or other
databases but I have not used them. I am not familiar with using Audio / Video
in the ASP environment. You can use non-asp pages in a project along with asp
pages which are native to VWD and I would imagine you could include audio /
video presentations in the non-asp pages. You can not use php in VWD unless you
download some software to use it. For what you want to do I am not sure I would
recommend VWD since there are not many, if any, folks on list who have done
anything with Audio /Video in a VWD Project so you would be the cutting edge
and find little support unless you could include your current setup in a
regular html page within the project.
Rick USA