Re: [blind-windows] How To Speed Up My Bandwidth Performance Connection

  • From: "Robert Montowski" <r_montowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:27:15 -0500

If your internet high speed connection is wy fy...how good is your signal?
if you don't have the absolutely best signal..then you will lose speed.
if you wish to test your download speed..
then go to a site like:
www.download.com
find a file to download...say a game..something in the 5-20 meg size.
then start the download.
When Internet Explorer is donwloading..the status box will show your
download speed if you read the box with Jaws.
I recently helped a sighted friend setup their wy fy internet in philadelhia, pennsylvania. we found the closer we put the wy fy modem to the window the better the signal we had. putting the wy fy modem on the second floor really maxed the signal strength out.
Robert