b6 syntax questions

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:11:45 -0400

Hi all,
I have a couple questions about vb6.
1. In source code I am reading, there are "sub" declarations, as well as sections with a colon after them, which are used in Goto commands. How do these statements relate to functions? I understand Goto, but (a) how do you end a section and (b) what are the sub sections for if the Goto does not use them?

2. If you can just declare vars with "varname = value", then what does the "Dim" keyword do, and what about data types?

3.  In strings, what is the concatenation operator?

4.  How do you declare arrays? What about 2d arrays?

Have a great day,
Alex