Re: audio games question

  • From: BlueScale <bluescale1976@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:25:30 -0400

Hi,
The pygame input is tied in to the display.  The display is, in the case
of audio games, just a blank window.  You can still do normal window
stuff with it though, just press alt+space  Normally the display would
handle sprite colision and movement, but since that isn't needed, it
just sits there and handles input.
There is a very rough draft of a game called dark invaders.  It's at
googlecode.com/p/dark-invaders you can get the source and learn a lot of
the basics from it.  If you want to get involved with development, it
uses mercurial.  Idon't think it works on Windows in its current state.
The speech part of the game uses a Linux speech system and hasn't yet
had sapi included.