any ideas?

  • From: "Jeff Bishop" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:18:50 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I need to make a call using the curl library in PHP based on a given time.  Let
me explain further:

1.  I have a file that contains a listing of shows that will air at specific
times in UTC format.

2.  I want to generate a notification based upon that event starting.

So, questions:

What is the best way to determine the time in PHP in a UTC format that I can
compare with?  Meaning, how can I convert the servers datetime into UTC format
to compare against (sense these values are stored in UTC and not local time)?

This script will run as a cron job so I don't need interaction from the user.

Jeff