RE: Visual C# 2008 Express Jaws scripts

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:23:49 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for that feedback. I'm now guessing that the difference is whether the Settings folder has a \Roaming or \Local subdirectory after the Application Data directory and before the Freedom Scientific directory. The update I just posted checks for these alternatives as well.

Jamal

Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:59:35 +0200
From: "[iso-8859-1] Øyvind Lode" <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Visual C# 2008 Express Jaws scripts

Windows 7 64-bit.
Yep, I installed the scripts manually and it works just fine.
I'm sure the JSX installer used to work on my Win 7 machine though.
I installed Edsharp a while ago (probably a couple of months ago).
I chose to install the additional scripts and JSX installed them without
complaining.
I just tried to install EdSharp again now with additional scripts.
JSX fails with EdSharp scripts as well, but I already have the edsharp
scripts installed so it worked at some point.
I don't think I installed the Edsharp scripts manually.

Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:46:23 +0200
From: "[iso-8859-1] Øyvind Lode" <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It still fails.
Error message:

Error:  WBT - jsx.exe
Error: C:\Users\olode\AppData\Local\Temp\is-3KBLH.t
3074:  Expression continues past expected end. On line 891 of
c:\jsx\jsx.wbt
In Routine "installerdialog"
Dlg007 =`167, 28, 20, 40, ItemBox, s_language, " `",
Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default`
WinBatch 32 2009C Tech Support Web PageWIL Version: 6.09cic

Pressing the More Error Info button:
Check for extra ) on end or missing ; before a comment or other extraneous
characters after logical end of line

Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:04:12 +0200
From: "[iso-8859-1] Øyvind Lode" <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use the English version of Jaws.
C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\11.0
User settings:
C:\Users\olode\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\11.0\Settings\enu

Both are the default paths on Windows 7.
At least it's the default on Windows 7 Ultimate (U.S. English 64-bit).