Re: VS.net sizers

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:52:27 -0500 (EST)

The components of interest are called FlowLayoutPanel and
TableLayoutPanel.  I think it is easier to configure them by coding
manually but the VS form designer does offer at least some support.  I
have not tried this in a while, but recall that if you put one of these
panel containers on a form, than the designer assumes that subsequent
controls added to the form via the keyboard will be children of the
panel, which, in turn, is a child of the form.  In general, it is
helpful to go into the document outline view if you have trouble putting
focus on the component of interest via the keyboard.  It is also worth
checking the context menu options (Shift+F10 or right click), since it
often has useful shortcuts or property assignment options related to the
area of focus.

Hope this helps,
Jamal