VS2008, Cannot install

  • From: "jaffar" <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:34:13 +0800

Hi All. I am running windows xp on a dual core machine with a 2.8 gig processor and 2.5 gig worth of ram. I also have VS 2005 running on my machine. I have just gotten VS 2008 team suite edition. When i tried to install it however, i couldn't, the error being that the setup.exe file cannot be copied on my machine. Some questions i have are, Do I have to tweak any configuration on my machine to install it? Also, can VS2008 and VS2005 be installed side by side? I have lots of VS2005 projects and m therefore reluctant to uninstall it. Thanks for any help. Cheers!