VS, Vb.net, User Or Custom Control Building

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:12:47 -0400

Hi: Just looking into what is required to build something like the following:
A User or Custom Control.
It would be bound to a DataTable at design time like the DataGrid or other
Winform controls.
It would read the DataTable and generate one label and one TextBox for each
Column in the Table of the appropriate DataType.
The Code would be placed into a VB Code File much like AutoGenerated code is
done for standard ToolBox bound controls at Design Time. I like the templated
"FormView" control available in the VWD ToolBox and am just wondering about
making something like it for the Winforms  ToolBox. Has anyone done anything
like this?I am just starting to read about user and custom controls and could
use some direction on what to look into. What about inheriting the
system.web.FormView control and making it a Winform Control?Would that be out
in left field since they deal with totally diferent base controls? What about
the DataGridView as a base in Winforms? Or do you have any pointers or articles
I might dig into?
Thanks:
Rick USA