VBScript code problem for Windoweyes Script

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:33:41 -0400

Hi:
I am trying to work in VBScript to build a Windoweyes script.
I want to display a Context Help Message in a EditBox when a user clicks a hot
key.
I copied the sample of an EditBox from the manual and just tweaked it..
I created a Text File in NotePad with several lines.
I created a xml file for the dialog with the editbox in it.
I initialized the editbox text property in the EventHandler.
When I run the application only the first line is displayed in the editbox as
if it is still a single line editbox.
Do you have any ideas?
The pieces are below.
Here is the xml file defining the dialog:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<wescriptui>
 <language id="en-US">
<dialog id="Context_Help">
Context Help
 <group>
<editbox width="400" id="edit_string" lines="multiple"></editbox>
 <spacer/>
<checkbox shortcut="e" id="check_slow">Speak Slowly</checkbox>
 <spacer/>
 <group width="group" justify="center">
  <button default="yes" width="+30" widthclass="button"
shortcut="s" id="button_speak">Speak</button>
  <button shortcut="c" widthclass="button" system="cancel"
id="button_close">Close</button>
 </group>
 </group>
 </dialog>
 </language>
</wescriptui>
Here is the contents of the file: It was created in Notepad and reads correctly
indicating
a line break, form feed or both are
inserted when I hit enter in Notepad.
DatasetEditor:
Tabbing Around:
A Placeholder Button that seems to do nothing.
There are 2 DropDown Lists for each Table included in the Dataset.
The First is the List of Columns in the Dataset's Table.
The Second Dropdown List holds the TableAdapter Querys defined for that table.
You can right click an item to find further options or use the MenuBar options.
EndOfHelp
Here is the Event Handler code:
Function ContextHelpEventHandler(dObj, dEvent, dId, dControl)
ContextHelpEventHandler = False
 Select Case dId
 Case "button_speak"
 Case "button_close"
 Case Else
 If dEvent = dialogCreated Then
 isVisible = 1
hlpFile = hlpPath & CurrentView & ".txt"
Dim hlpText
hlpText = _
SharedObjects("com.GWMicro.GWToolkit.FileToString")( hlpFile, "")
dObj.Control("edit_string").Text = hlpText
ContextHelpEventHandler = True
 Exit Function
 End If
 End Select
End Function
Any ideas of why I am getting only a single line editbox?
Rick USA