Re: VB2005: MenuStrip and its controls.

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:10:43 -0500

Hi:
I use WindowEyes but JAWS is better for working with this control.
Do you want to add PullDown Controls like the typical list of options like File Edit View or do you want to add your own items? To Add your own I think you would go into the Forms Designer, tab to the MenuStrip Control and Right Click, bring up the Context Menu. Then you can select an option from there, the actual label might be something like Add New Item or Add Pulldown or something like that. A Window will pop up with a ComboBox or ListBox of Controls you can add to your MenuStrip. You select one, click Add Button and tab to the Properties Table for setting the Name, Text and other values for your newly added control. Then you exit the Add Window and click Properties for the new control and select the Event,, such as Click. That is where you will enter your code to be executed when someone opens the Menu and selects your PullDown item by clicking on it. This is just an overview from memory. Let me know if you get stuck on details and I'll try to help.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabriel Battaglia" <iz4apu@xxxxxxxxx>