Update to my version of an IF/RPG game engine done using python

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:45:05 +0200

Here are download links for latest, updated version of my mapData IF/RPG
engine thingies. The straight one is just to make use of map content, and
the generator one is for generating the content files, without having to
type them up yourself.

Only real thing have added in right now is to let you edit basic character
info as well, but think have also tweaked a couple of other small things.

MapData windows executable:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_dist/mapData_exe.zip
(3.19Mb)

mapDataGenerator windows executable:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_dist/mapDataGen_exe.zip
(3.20Mb)

mapData compiled python:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_pyc/mapData_pyc.zip
(16.0Kb)

mapDataGenerator compiled python:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_pyc/mapDataGen_pyc.zip
(24.0Kb)

These two compiled python instances should (hopefully) be able to run on
something like a mac or linux machine, and if you let the generator
generate the encrypted output, you could share that text file with other
guys without them off-hand being able to just read the contents thereof
without playing it - unless they also loaded it into the generator, etc.,
but anyway.

The generator will also let you save/reload maps etc., so you don't have to
generate everything at once, and the actual sort of pseudo-front end module
is meant to let you save one saved game per map as such, but anyway, since
while those do sort of carry over session to session, haven't really tested
that side of it too much as such.

Anyway, if you want to have a look at how it actually looks, in terms of
code/source, here are also download links for python source as such:

MapData python source:
http://www.blindza.co.za/uploads/mapData/mapData_source/mapData_src.zip
(72.0Kb)

mapDataGenerator python source: