Re: UI Accessibility Checker

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 14:49:43 -0800

Hey Jamal,

What would you like to know in particular?  Both app's are open
source, so you can see exactly what they're up to.

Basically, they go one step beyond simple inspectors and check for
known accessibility problems within MSAA and UIA respectively.
UIAChecker runs a set of verifications on a given hWnd (obtained in
various ways) and prints a IDE styled error/warning list.

UIAVerify does this for UI Automation.

I think of these tools as checking the implementation of the
accessibility interfaces on a per app basis as well as checking some
common accessibility issues (such as accessibility events which isn't
part of MSAA but is part of UIA).

CheckName for example performs a series of verifications on the get
name implementation such as it not being empty/null, it not returning
E_FAIL, etc.  Checks for role and state do something alike.

try running it against an app and see what you get.