Re: TextPal: Can This Task Be Streamlined?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

I'm glad TextPal is useful to you.  I think the Section Break sequence of
characters is configurable in the Configuration Settings dialog.
Although I see why those are extra characters in the example you gave, I
find them to be useful as a way of seperating matches that could span
multiple lines.  When I want to get rid of them, I usually do a regular
search and replace of 10 dash (-) characters with nothing, another of a
formfeed character (\f), and one that replaces multiple blank lines with a
single one (\n).

Let me also make sure you are aware that I have not been updating
TextPal further because EdSharp does virtually everything TextPal did
and more, and does so with better performance.  It does require the .NET
Framework, though the installer will retrieve it for you if needed.
http://EmpowermentZone.com/edsetup.exe

Jamal