Re: SqlServer DataBase Update Performance Problem

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:44:40 -0500 (EST)

Your approach seems right, and the execution time is puzzling indeed.
With SQLite, I know that performance is much slower if one does not
surround a set of updates with "begin transaction" and "end transaction"
constructs -- otherwise, each update is a seperate transaction.  I
wonder if a similar thing might be happening here.

Jamal