Re: Sql server 2005 sp2 warning

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:21:24 -0400

HI: Well, I had a broken install of Sql Server 2005 and 2008. I tried just about everything to fix it with no luck. I could never remove the instance of 2005 until I wiped my C Drive and Reloaded Windows. I am very, very careful about downloading and installing that puppy now! I was able to download and install other named instances of Sql Server Express even with the broken instance but I wanted it clean before doing some work on a series of articles concerning ASP, VWD and Sql Server Express.

Anyway, that was the only way I finally got rid of the orphan files.
Rick USA