Re: SharpDevelop

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:46:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi Inthane,
Didn't know you were using EdSharp now -- cool!  I guess I need to
either disable the All Users option or alert users more.  After the time
that I first created the JAWS Script Exchange installer, FS recommended
never installing user scripts to that folder.  So, try accepting all
defaults, and not changing the user (even though you have admin
privileges).

Unfortunately, I never received the word spellings you mention -- I don't
know why.  Please resend.  Feel free to use my office address as well to
make sure I get it.  After reflecting further on that issue, however, I
don't think it is as practical as I first thought because the Word spell
checker automatically, along with JAWS scripts for Word, automatically
conveys the context of a suspect word and lets you edit it, and this would
be a lot of work for me to try to replicate with EdSharp.  I'll see what I
can do about improving the COM interface to Word, however, --
unfortunately, it is not as smooth as I hoped even though I have
rigorously tried to use all the correct COM calls.  For example, Word is
left visible, even though my code says it should be hidden.

Please let me know if you have gotten my messages about the Java fruit
basket contribution from someone on another list.  It is important that he
does not feel like his work was not made available after putting in
significant time and effort.

Regards,
Jamal