Re: Problem Solved

  • From: Jared Stofflett <stofflet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:12:24 -0500

I'm not sure when it changed, but it's because of the way building works under visual studio. By default you have a debug build which contains all the information you need to debug your app. If you want to deploy your app you just change build configuration to release, rebuild, and the produced binarys are in bin/release for easy distrubution and don't contain any debug info.

Chris Hofstader wrote:
Hi,

For reasons only Microsoft can explain, I found that I had a DLL under
bin/debug and under obj/debug.  I've always put files with .obj, .o, and
other pre-linked files in the OBJ directory and under BIN, I would put
post-linked files like .exe, .dll etc.  When did this convention change?

Feeling really old...

cdh