Re: Perl CGI

  • From: Octavian Râsnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 00:24:47 +0300

You can use the CGI module for doing the file upload (if I understood correctly that you need to upload a file), it can also get the variables from the form, and if you don't want to code the HTML manually you can also use CGI's methods or functions to create the page content and the form (because you can use it as a functional module or as an OOP module).

In order to create unique file names there are more ways, depending exactly what you need to do. If you want to create temporary file names you can use File::Temp, or you can simply use Digest::SHA1 or Digest::MD5.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>