Re: PDF2TXT 3.3 released

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:36:41 -0700

two reasons, I'll try this again:
1. a person who prefers command line may not want the start menu shortcuts installed since they don't use them. 2. and this is my case, I customize my start menu's, completely, and every time I update an application that does not give me the opportunity to not have the start menu shortcuts installed is updated or loaded, the shortcuts get dumped into the standard position on the start menu/programs, instead of in the location I want them,, so... every time I update, I have to go back in and remove/re-move (as in re do my cut go to location and paste) the shortcuts again! and again the next time I update, and so on at infanitum!

where as with this check box in the instillation application, I simply uncheck it and my old, already in the place I want them shortcuts do the job and I do not have to go redo what I have already done.

and with the ones that also do not give you the chance to say no to the desktop icon, I then have to go remove the new desktop icons and re-sort my desktop as well.

does that clear it up?

regards,
inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:07:18 -0700
From: The Elf <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

no! what I am referring to is a section of the installer that is devoted to
where the start menu's are placed in the menu's and sub menu's, and... an
additional item, a checkbox, unchecked by default, that says and does "do
not install start menu shortcuts"

hope that clears things up.

inthane