New Position

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:48:23 -0500

Hi,

Today, I start my new position as Director of Access Technology for Project
GNU, the people who brought you GPL, gcc, bash, emacs, bison, flex and lots
more.

As I am the first and only GNU person to focus on disability issues, I suspect
that I will spend most of my time trying to influence other free software
hackers to include accessibility issues.

I am just returning to the world of free software after nearly 20 years so I am
also spending a lot of time catching up on what is and is not out there.

If you want to beat up on GPL, write to someone else. If you want to send ideas
and/or pointers to me to add to my ever growing task list, please send them
directly to me as I don't read the lists thoroughly enough to see everything on
them.

Happy Hacking,