Re: Netbeans Accessibility on Linux

  • From: BlueScale <bluescale1976@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:00:04 -0400

Hi,
After doing a bit of research, I found what seems to be 2 different
packages.  One of them is called libaccess-bridge-java.  It is already
installed.  The message I got when I did sudo apt-get nstall
libaccess-bridge-java was it was set to manually install, which I think
means it will activate when it is needed.  The odd thing is, the other
package I keep finding is called java-access-bridge.  When I try to
install this one it says it can't find that package.  When reading about
the libaccess. package the description says it is the java access bridge
for Gnome.  It sends info from Java apps through the at-spi, and that's
what Orca uses.  So, I think that it is installed, but I am not sure any
more lol.