RE: MySQL - Finding Out Root Password

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 06:10:03 -0700

Ok in windows if you have set a root password I am not sure if you can find
the root password but if you have not set one then you just do

Mysql - u root

Do not put the -p because that will just freeze.
If you want to set one the command is

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=PASSWORD('theOC');

I guess you could try setting it again and see if it will let you set a new
one.

Ken