RE: MS Access 2003/2007 Advice

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:02:12 -0400

A good reason not to develop with msaccess is that totally blind
programmers are straitjacketed into using the plain form since Microsoft
hasn't seen fit to make the orientation controls for adjusting form
objects accessible.  With Jaws 8.x combo boxes on forms with msaccess
2003 do not read cleanly since Jaws cannot confine its focus to inside
combo boxes even after the open list command is issued.  Other than
that, there are no additional problems with the forms aspect of
msaccess, unless you want to do things with coloring certain types of
controls but if that's the case and you're totally blind it makes no
difference what Microsoft product you use you're not going to be able to
do that without sighted assistance.  Reason is, colors show up on the
screen but do not speak their names when selected in combo boxes.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>