Re: Jaws 9.0 with Vmware ESX

  • From: "mixollagy fm UK" <mixollagyfm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:24:45 -0000

Hi there.
As far as jaws is concerned, not sure about 9, but i have 7.1 running with
vmware server free adition, on windows server 2003 as the host machine,
I can use all of the vmware functions, get around the vmware application
interface, and also install it on vertual machines, the machine i am sending
this from is infact, a vertual.
One thing i must say though, is server 2003 will require the audio drivers,
your best searching google for this, if you install server 2003, for example,
install the vmware tools, i think it has some ishues with some sound cards, but
you can have it running audio in a vertual, i think.
Searches like windows server 2003 vmware audio might help if googled, i think
there should be some info there.
Windows xp works fine in a vertual environment.
I can not speak for jaws 9, but like i said i can use jaws both on guests, and
the host, with no problems, i can even switch between the host and guest
running at the same time, remote desktop is ok to use, and 7.1 works fine.
Kind regards: Jamie.