Re: Java books - any good suggestions on learning Java?

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:11:17 -0400

Hi John, Could you tell me more about the program you're using to do Braille translations? I've used speech as the primary interaction medium so far when doing my programming, but I've been more and more intrigued by the idea of working more with a Braille display. So this is of interest to me.

Best,
Jared

John J. Boyer wrote:
Jeff,

I have to get on a fast track with Java also. I am using Java in a Nutshell from Bookshare. It is quite good. They have quite a few Java books. I also have a braille transcription program that translates them to Braille, including doing the code examples in computer braille and the text in Grade 2.

John

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:46:37PM -0700, Jeff Bishop wrote:
Hello,

Besides the Thinking in Java book, are there any others that any of you would
suggest to learn Java that are available in EBook format?  I am needing to get
on a very fast track on this it appears.

Jeff