If you have never been able to get WE4Java running - A trouble shooting tip

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gw-scripting@xxxxxxxxxxx" <gw-scripting@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:31:00 -0500

All,

I have had a couple of people report that they installed WE4Java but have never
gotten it to speak even though the install verification tool says all
components were installed as expected. Last evening, we were successful in
correcting this issue for one of our users who has faithfully installed each
new release but has never gotten WE4Java to talk. It turned out that the
COM-to-Java bridge API has a dependency on a C++ 2005/2008 runtime dll that may
not be installed on all machines.

If you have had an issue with WE4Java not speaking anything at all, this may be
the situation. If so, you can download and install the required C++ library
from the URL given below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en