Re: ITJobs Problems

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:28:58 -0800

hi Marvin,

if your going for web design here, then I would shift the priorities and put CSS in as the first item, then php, since those are both big on the web, and then you might want to add asp so you can work both sides of the online servers realms.

Cisco, as far as I have been lead to believe is more my area, hardware tech giving us the ability to program what we are installing, but the Linux administration is good, I need unfortunately to take that myself.

I'm thinking about switching tracks from hardware tech to computer forensics and seeing where I can go with that, since I love working with my hands, and making things work the way I wish them to, digging out other peoples information is not to far a remove from this, and can be a very valued service, along with data recovery which is generally the simpler form of the same work.

and yes! that one, although the sentences were a bit too short this time, was far easier to read, I got 80% in the first run through, and only had to reread one sentence to make sure I understood correctly, instead of needing to re read to understand at all, smile.

I'm glad you "beat me to the punch" and had your friend go over your resume, perfect going!

one other thing I would recommend writing wise, and again, this could be a "where I live and how we say things" problem on my end, is you use ok as the start of a lot of sentences, I would try to tone that down, unless the people in your homeland, and especially the employers your trying for are likely to speak this way themselves

as I tried to stress before, this is not a "put you down" kind of thing, I really am attempting to assist you in this endeavor.

good luck to you,
the elf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>