Re: Huge executables when compiling in Windows

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:58:51 -0400

My guess is that the libraries are not native and the compiler can only include them in the executable for less hassle. If you wrote a pprogram with Windows components from .Net, I assume that if you attempted to compile this for Linux, the compiler would either need to include mono or similar libraries with the executable or require that anybody installing the executable also install the mono libraries to perform the .Net functions.

Don Marang