How can a C++ program know its footprint

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:02:18 +0100

Hi list,

My application is developed in C++ and must run either under linux or
under windows. Under windows, I compile it with Visual C++ 2003 and
under linux, I compile it with either GCC 3.4 or GCC 4.

When requested, the application must report how much memory it's using
and how much of its space is swapped.

Under linux, I got a rough idea of how to do this although I didn't
totally implemented this feature yet. However, under windows, I got no
idea of how to do such measurements.

Any help, (point at some windows C/C++ APIs or sample code) would be
greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. ChD